Thursday, August 6, 2015

You can not really live med free, so you will hear.

As a person who lives med free for my Bipolar since 2002, I often hear the statement, " You can not live med free for Bipolar" or "You are really not Bipolar if you can live med free".

These statements are mostly heard through the medical community.  Funny, these should be the people that would want to open their eyes and ears for other ways of living with a Mental Illness then being stuck on medications that have tons of side effects, that are highly addictive, and by no means cure a mental illness.

I have spoken many years of my life med free and I DO NOT tell a person that they can specifically live med free.  We are all made up with different chemical compounds and there is no way to tell how you will react to meds or react with out meds.

Life is hard for the "normal person" when things are thrown at you but add a mental illness and that will just add 10x the effects of how someone will act or react.

I found with my years of medicines for my Bipolar, I was lost.  I was never in control of my life and this is how they want us to live? In a fog, in a haze, no sex drive, no smiles on our faces, just a zombie in the mix of the World? 

They will say it takes adjustments to the meds and I do agree. There were moments I had good days, weeks but never longer then that. I saw in the mirror a different person all the time. Mood swings do not go away on the medicines they give you. Funny how they tell us they will diminish, not true.

Suicide on medicines are rarely discussed but without there are tons of statistics as such listed:

People with bipolar disorder are at great risk for suicide if they are not getting treatment. The National Mental Health Association reports that 30%-70% of suicide victims have suffered from a form of depression. Men commit almost 75% of suicides, even though twice as many women attempt suicide.acts about suicide are usually all listed as only when not on meds::

I myself attempted suicide at a higher level on the meds given the ever off. 

There are so many reasons to be med free and I will always support those on meds that it works for their life and chemistry.

We all have to learn what works best for us in all we do in our lives, not only for our medical issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment